Friday, November 13, 2009

Destination....

It came, it came, it finally came!

Yesterday about noon we all got phone calls from our oldest, Nate. The call was here. Now all we had to do was wait until 7:00 when Ben was inviting everyone (friends and a few neighbors) over for an (opening party). As mentioned earlier I was able to get off work earlier to go home and get stuff ready. Thankfully for my wonderful children, the house was already clean. I just needed to get the food ready. Nate had even cooked dinner for us.

Seven o'clock rolled around and people started arriving. An extremely excited and newly shorne (BTW I also gave Ben a hair cut when I got home. Just call me super mom) Ben greeted them. By 7:10 every one had arrived except Austin S. A phone call was made. He was on his way. How far out you ask? Just a few minutes. No matter how hard we tried to persuade Ben to go ahead and open the envelope, he wouldn't do it until Austin was here.

7:30 finally rolls around, Austin finally gets here, Ben finally opens the envelope and reads "Elder Benjamin Serrano...you have been called...Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh mission (dots added for brevity). The excitement was pal papal. Personally, I was suprised (I thought foreign for sure) then...I don't know how to describe it. It's really the Holy Ghost confirming that that is where he is supposed to go. It was almost like "of course, Pennsylvania. where else would he go".

Language you ask? English. Which is good. Only 3 weeks in the MTC.

Ben can hardly stand it. He's so excited. He wants to start his shopping today. BTW he reports to the Provo MTC on February 3. Now that may be almost 3 months when you think about it, but really with Thanksgiving and Christmas it will only seem like 1 month.

Well, now the fun starts. Keep checking back, I'll keep you posted on all things Pennsylvania.

No comments:

Post a Comment