Sunday, April 10, 2011

Avalon Week 16

What a wonderful conference indeed! I learned so much from all of the speakers! My favorites were the ones that President Eyring gave! I'm beginning to really love him as a speaker. It was so much fun to go over my notes in studies this morning and to recount the feelings I got from listening to conference. I was able to take 15 pages of notes (they were on smaller pieces of paper, probably about 6.5"x8", but still!) I especially love the part where Elder Uchtdorf quoted St Francis Assissi in saying "Preach the gospel at all times, and if necessary, use words." That was my favorite quote by far this conference because it is so true! Our examples are one of the most influential things we can do to help people know who we are and what we believe.

We didn't have anyone come out to watch the conference but they did watch it at home, the C......'s did that we know of, other than that we don't know. Oh speaking of the C........'s... Jeremy C....... is going to get baptized!!! He's set with a date, which is April the 23rd. He's such a humble guy and was thinking about getting baptized, and now wants to. Elder Taylor had prepared a lesson about eternal families a few weeks back and we didn't get to teach it to them due to scheduling conflicts. But when we met with them on Friday we had a very very spiritual lesson in which we taught and bore testimony about the importance of families and their eternal nature. The Spirit was so strong, and filled the room as we invited Jeremy to get baptized. Sis. C........, was in tears and so was Jeremy, I was about to cry but some how held my composure as we promised that the atonement would cleanse him, and make him worthy that one day he might baptize his own children! (He had expressed concern that he wasn't "fit" to baptize his children after he was baptized.) It was one of the most spiritual lessons I've had on my mission and I know that he'll make it. We made sure to say a
prayer of thanks in the car after the lesson to our Heavenly Father for blessing us and sanctifying us so we could be a segway for the Spirit to be there, and for his softening of Jeremy's heart. It was an Incredible
experience!!! You could just see the hope and happiness that came into his countenance by the end of the lessons. And I might add that Sis. C...... is doing a fantastic job at keeping the family on track and doing what they are supposed to do. I can see the Spirit of the Lord working on them little by little, and soon they will all be active in the church!

So next Sunday I'll be at 299 eh? Wow that has gone by really fast! I can't believe that it's already been that long. Yes, it is true it is going by really fast for me, but I am loving nearly every minute of it. I love having the opportunities of sharing and teaching the gospel. If I weren't out here I wouldn't have had the opportunity of meeting the C........ Family and helping them become united in the church. This is so rewarding, both in the seen and unseen. At times I wish it wouldn't have to end. But it must. I love you and miss you mom! Have a great week and be safe!
Love,
Elder Benjamin Serrano

No comments:

Post a Comment