Thursday, August 12, 2010

Johnstown Week 24-The last from J-Town.

This week was pretty mediocre. There really wasn't that many things that were interesting that happened. I had the opportunity to be able to lead out the discussion and lesson for our district meeting that was held on
Wednesday. So that was fun! Luckily it was a short meeting, because we had an opportunity to be able to give blood! That was pretty exciting! It was Elder Killpack's first time doing it so he was a little nervous and was asking all these funny questions about the procedure. But he did fine. I think I finished mine in 7:28, one of my best I think, and I didn't even get any bruising at all! Although I did take the band-aid off a little early and bled on my shirt a little, but it was fine. I enjoyed it, oddly enough. There is this elder in our district that is from Washington state, and we were teasing him about giving blood, ya know, because of Twilight and he's from Washington. It was great!

Oh yeah, and I'm getting transferred!!! I got a call from the Zone Leaders Saturday evening and they told me that I needed to start packing my bags because I'll be leaving Johnstown! I got here in Johnstown a little over 6 months ago, and I guess it's about my time to leave. It's kind of a surreal feeling because I've never been to any other place for my mission, so I only know J-town. And I'll be serving as a District Leader my new area, of which I don't know where it is. I'll be heading out of Johnstown tomorrow morning and heading to Pittsburgh where I'll find out where I'm assigned to be! It's very exciting and I'm pumped to go out to different areas and see what I can do there. The new district in which I will be leading has had some issues pertaining to obedience and what not, so President called me up and told me that I have a challenge ahead of me, and I'm responsible now for "cleaning up the acts" of these missionaries so to speak. So really I'll be needing all
the prayers I can get, and then some. President Summerhays has a lot of trust in me, which I don't' know if that's a good or bad thing haha! But I'm excited to be able to go and serve in another place. So make sure if you send anything this next week, send it to the mission office, because I won't be in Johnstown and you won't find out my apartment address and where I'm at until next Monday. I am sad to leave Johnstown though, I got to know the ward very well and they've become like family over here too. The hardest part though was  leaving Dawn. That was so sad, because I was able to baptize her and then be with her for the first 5 months of her membership, and really help her along. She started crying and it was just a hard moment for us, but I'll see her again, and constantly keep in touch with her. She's awesome! And Dawn and Alphonso are getting married on October 30th so that'll be so awesome, I don't think that President will let me go to that, but I'll try my darndest!

These past 6 months have really made a difference and I have absolutely loved it! I cannot wait to see what the next 18 will bring to me and the people I'll get to meet and teach. Serving a mission is the greatest thing ever! I absolutely love being here and I'm excited for what the future will bring to me. I love this Gospel, the church is true, Thomas S. Monson is God's living prophet today, God lives and Christ also, and the field is white already to harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment