Sunday, July 17, 2011

Harrisburg Week 6

I'm so glad that everything went well for Mel's surgery, except for the elongated periods of waiting time. That's no fun. I guess Hospitals are notorious for that. I'm glad her pain is minimal and she's adjusting to the eating styles now! That would be no fun!  She's been in my prayers constantly, and I have such a good companion; he prays for her too! I didn't ask him to do it, he just did one night in our companionship prayer.
So I'm super excited for Steve to get his mission call!! And guess what? President Topham gave me permission to be able to call home when it comes! I'm pretty pumped! I'm pretty excited for it! Two weeks from now!! I'm also glad that you were able to meet President Summerhays! He's such an amazing man isn't he? I'm guessing he'll be some kind of General Authority one of these days. I was expecting the church to be completely full too! I guess I was right if there were that many people there! That's impressive! Elder Killpack and I were thinking about how many people would be: his family, all the missionaries, their parents/families, and the main ward. It's pretty intense!
So this week was a pretty average week I think. Another Transfer has come and gone, and now I'm starting 13 of 17 transfer of my mission! Elder Killpack and I are staying together another transfer! YAY! Our investigators are doing fine. There's not much new with them. Did I tell you about a new investigator named Verna A....? She's a really neat lady that we found a couple weeks ago. She said that she would be baptized as soon as she found out that the church was true! We don't have a date for her yet because she still has to come to church and read some more out of the Book of Mormon. Oh and this week we came across some Anti material about the church, particularly Joseph Smith. It was ridiculous! It made me laugh a few times because of how ridiculous it was, but it did a good job on making the church, and our doctrines look outrageous. If someone knew nothing about the church and came across that stuff, they would become totally opposed to everything that has to do with the church. Anyway, the Church is true, and "no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing". So I take comfort in that!
Well I guess that's it for now! Have a great week!
love,
Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment