Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pittsburgh Week 6

This day is a pretty good day! It turns out that it's the end of the transfer tomorrow and good thing I didn't get transferred or that would have taken you all off guard and I wouldn't be in Pittsburgh anymore!  But luckily I'll be here until November the 2nd now so you don't have to worry about me getting transferred for another 6 weeks. yay! This week was a pretty tough week for us. Many of the set appointments we had with  investigators and less-active members fell through, were canceled or re-scheduled. So we spent many hours finding and for some reason it seemed like nobody wanted to talk to us. It was kind of a not good week to end the transfer with but it is a incentive for us now to work even harder this next transfer. I'm excited to serve another transfer here in South side I love it here.

Our investigator Bailey was out of town this past weekend and when we set up an appointment with her again we're going to set her with a baptismal date. We feel she's golden and will accept readily! It's pretty exciting. Norm is sane we think/(response to a question)/, and is kind of getting a little frustrating. We've been meeting with him over the past 7 weeks and he's keeping all his commitments except coming to church! So we're not sure what to do with him. We've tried many times to set up a ride to pick him up, and he says he's called them, yet, the member to pick him up says they never got a call. He's expressed a desire to still be baptized, and we've set him with a date many times, yet coming to church has been his setback. So hopefully we'll figure something out to get him to church for sure! We're in a mad finding stage again as well. We contacted a referral yesterday. An APX security system salesman who was going door to door, contacted her and she let him in and they started talking about religion. (of course the APX salesman was an RM(return missionary), they all are!) And he referred her to us and we were able to go over to her house and talk with her and we were able to teach her about the church and the Book of Mormon so it was nice to get to know her. She said that we could come back anytime and that she might even cook us some dinner! yay!! So all in all we have had an okay week over here.

I just want to share something that I learned this week in my studies.  I've been focusing my studies this week on King Benjamin's adderss to his people(in the Book of Mormon). I have found that this address is even more amazing than I had once thought when I was just reading through the Book of Mormon when we were asked to read it again once more. There are a couple things that stood out to me. In Mosiah 4:14-15 he counsels his people how they should raise their children: "neither will ye suffer that they... fight and quarrel one with another" "Teach them to walk in the was of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love on another, and to serve on another". And I feel that's how you raised us kids mom and dad, and I thank you for that. then he goes on to say in 16-26 how we all depend on God for everything therefore we should help all those who stand in need of it, thus being a very service oriented people as he was to his people.

I love this gospel and I know it's true. I love serving a mission and can't wait to see what comes my way and in what ways I can learn and grow.

Love,
Elder Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment