Friday, January 13, 2012

State College Week 13


I'm doing wonderfully well!  I am staying healthy, to the best of my abilities, and I'm continuing to take vitamins and working out. I love it making healthy decisions, I feel so much better! Elder Mason is doing good. Heather is going to be baptized on the 21st of January by elder Mason, and I'll be confirming her on the 22nd. It'll be a momentous occasion! :) Fei, we haven't been in touch with for this past week because he's been gone. We're a little worried, but things will work out. Chris is good. We were able to teach him about the Word of Wisdom and invite him to live it. He was feeling sick, and we were able to give him a blessing to help him and to strengthen him as he starts to ween off of the cigarettes and alcohol. He's got great faith, but sometimes doesn't realize it. We have a great new investigator that came to church named William D. He really enjoyed church and is very willing to come again and continue to meet with us. He's a great guy that is way into being prepared. The sisters are doing great! They are so fun, and are wonderful missionaries. The district I'm in is an awesome one!! And we need a van because both of the sister companionships don't have a vehicle. So we have it so we can get to places if we need to travel as a district. Like this Wednesday we all need to travel out to Altoona for some training, and since there are no missionaries close by we will all road trip out there.

I can't believe that Steve is way out in the boonies! There's only a branch where he's at, and I was kinda thinking that it would be terrible to be sent there when I was looking at the wards and branches there in his mission. But he'll make the best of it. And I'm glad the he has a good trainer. That is such an important aspect for any missionary is their trainer. The trainer can make or break a new missionaries mission. So that's nice to know.

I love the Plan of Salvation too. It's probably one of my favorite lessons to teach as a missionary, because it's "new" to people, but it's the truth, so 80% of the time people always believe that it makes sense right away. I love it!!

I love being a missionary. 'Nuff said. :)

I will work hard and finish my mission strong! That's the only way to do it!

Love,
Elder Benjamin Serrano



No comments:

Post a Comment