Monday, May 9, 2011

Avalon Week 19

I had a fantastic week!!! This Easter Weekend was a fantastic one too! Especially Sunday. We had the whole C...... family come again, they're coming quite consistently but will walk in late and sit in the back (intentionally because Jeremy is VERY shy at first. An "introvert" he called himself.) They are doing amazing! Jeremy is doing amazing! He's going to be baptized this weekend!!!! And another cool thing that happened, he asked me to baptize him! How cool is that? I'm so excited! It feels so good. So  the plan is for Jeremy to get Baptized then in 3 weeks he will have received the priesthood and then he'll be able to baptize his children on May 21st. It's  going to be such an amazing experience. I am so excited for it!

Our other investigator David K.... is doing great as well! We were able to meet with him this week and set him with a baptismal date for May 14th! He's way excited for it too, he's such a cool guy. It was funny, when we were talking to him about baptism he had a few questions for us and one of them was, "Am I going to have to be naked for this?" HAHAHA! Of course not! That was a first one for me and Elder Taylor! He was serious too, but we assured him that he would be wearing white clothing. That was funny. I was pretty happy and surprised that I didn't get transferred as well but it's all super awesome!

I sure hope that you start to get to feeling better mom! Being sick is not fun especially since you have to go to work and what not. No fun at all! But like you said, sickness brings an appreciation for good health. It's all part of the plan right? Thank goodness for Adam's fall! It's so cool to have the understanding of the gospel that we do, because most of the christian world condemns Adam and Eve for their transgression, but it was necessary, and a way was set up so that we can overcome the fall and that was the atonement of Jesus Christ. What a wonderful blessing it is. :) Alma 7:11,12 is a good scripture to look up for that.

Thanks for the update on the family and on Missy(our dog-ss), it's good to know about her health. I don't know if she'll make it through the rest of my mission but who knows. I am doing so great this is by far one of the highlights of my mission, serving here in the Avalon area. Definitely one of my highest moments because I've grown to love these people so much here. It's awesome!

Love,
Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment