Monday, May 9, 2011

Avalon Week 21

We had a wonderful skype/phone call from Elder Serrano yesterday.  He looks great!!!  He wasn't in his hometown of Wexford.  There were some missionaries that needed to be split up for disciplinary reasons so he was in Butler.  No meal appointments, but they did find a member that would let them skype.  He is doing just amazing.  It was great to see him laugh and have an opportunity to talk with him.
-Sheryl

So It's kinda weird not having a p-day in my natural habitat of the 4th Ward but cool I guess. We're doing laundry at a member's home, then de-junking the Butler apartment (it's pretty much FILTHY), and that's pretty much it. So anyway. I think you're pretty much updated on my life because we talked all yesterday. (Right now there is this dude right across from me with a bald head and huge headphones jamming out to his music he's listening to. It's funny. Then there's this black lady across from me too that's laughing her head off at something she's reading on her computer. haha Oh Pennsylvania.)

Love,

Benjamin

P.S.
Oh yeah! I was going to send you this in you're first e-mail but I forgot. I got an e-mail from Bailee L....(he was teaching her in the South Side) today!! So I felt like I would share some of it with you. I think you may appreciate it as well. :) She was baptized this past weekend and It was so awesome! I didn't get so see it but, I heard it was. Anyway here it is.


"Thank you for your congratulations, too. Yes I was finally Baptized! Woo Woo! It was beyond amazing. My family all came for my Baptism and since they all have their own callings on Sundays to be at, President Sumerhayes (spelling?) said I could be confirmed on the same day! My Uncle Confirmed me, his son Baptized me, and his daughter spoke on the Holy Ghost. I also had Brother Stoddard speak on Baptism. It was all around incredible and everyone did such an amazing job. I only cried like..7 times haha. 

I have been thinking so much about the first time I met you and Elder Hurley and how much my life has changed since then. Living according to the Gospel has brought so many blessings into my life, I know everyone can say that but it's just so true. I know also know that while it has been a personal decision, I owe you a huge THANK-YOU! I am so thankful for the time you took to teach me and share your testimony. I appreciate your patience when I was not an easy investigator and the fact that you never passed judgment. I'm sorry that I couldn't be Baptized with you and Elder Hurley. I told Elder's Swensen and Heinrich that they should thank you two because you did all the hard work! By the time they came to 7th ward I was ready to be Baptized.

It feels awesome to finally be Baptized and live life how Heavenly Father wants me to. I had such a huge weight lifted when I was Baptized/Confirmed and it felt like the end of a long, long journey. It's not really the end though, it's just the beginning -which is so cool. I have so much more to learn and look forward to. I even received my 1-year temple recommend today! Yay. I'm going to the temple on the 21st and I am SO excited."

She and her boyfriend went off to Vegas and got married so now she's officially Bailee L.... E....... She is so awesome! I love it when your friends get baptized.

No comments:

Post a Comment